Monday, March 17, 2008

De-BabyProofing

I know it's not really a word, but I don't know the right word for taking your house that has been baby proofed for 5 years and changing it! It's kinda weird that as much thought went into making the house baby proof it never really crossed my mind to undo the baby ways.

In the kitchen the other day the princess asked me why we had the latches still on the kitchen cabinets to keep her out. I was stumped. They are on there because I never realized that I could take them off! Somewhere, somehow my baby has grown into a little girl that needs a little less protection. Scary.

So, the princess asked me if I would take them off. Sure , I replied. But now every time I open the kitchen cabinet that simple act reminds me that I no longer have a baby. So, I think I'm going to leave them there a little longer. She can't be that big yet!

No comments: