Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On the Move

It's not every day that I get a phone call from the princesses school. It's never that I've gotten a call from the principal. When I answered the phone he asked me if I had a few minutes to talk with him. My brain immediately began to wonder what in the world had happened. And when he said "I'll start the story this way...." I was sure the princess had finally gone off on the boy who kept pestering her.

But as it turns out the school itself had an issue. Apparently there were more Kindergartners than the state would allow in a classroom so there needed to be some changes. So many changes that yesterday the princess started her year all over again.

She along with 7 other second graders were moved into a 3rd grade class to make room for the little kindergartners. This meant not only a new teacher, but new friends. Since Kindergartn the princess has been with with same class of kids. That was really the only drawback to the move. She moved with only one other student from her class, a little boy who actually just moved into the school this year.

She LOVES her new teacher and the new classroom. She stepped off the bus yesterday all smiles exploding with SOUND because the teacher had blown an air horn in the classroom. (They were studying sounds in Science!)

Unfortunately she woke up last night with a high fever. So this morning with a raging fever and considering vomiting she asked if she could go to school. I'm sure this is bad parenting, but I had to laugh at her. She couldn't have walk from her bed to the bathroom, but she was determined she could go to school!

So, our first day in the new class was a success, now we have to get well enough we can try for Day 2!

No comments: