There has never been much doubt that the princess is ALL girl! But lately she has revved up the girlness. And as she tries out new "girl" things..earrings, make-up, etc. she has decided that Mom needs to participate in the girlification. I know it's not really a word, but it best describes the things going on in our house.
On the way to school yesterday the princess announced to me that everybody at school knew that her "fancy days" were Tuesday, Thursday,and Friday. In other words those were her days to put on her fanciest clothes and wear flats instead of tennis shoes. As we drove, she asked if I was going to put my earrings in that day. I told her that if I got around to it I would, but I was headed straight to the gym so I didn't know if it would happen.
Later that evening I was driving her to hang out with Dad while Little Man and I hit up the therapy office and she noticed that I had not gotten the earrings in. Of course she was quick to point it out and ask how in the world that could have happened. I recapped what had been a non-stop day and told her that I had only 10 minutes from the time I put Little Man down to nap before her bus got home and just didn't get it done. She asked me what I had done in that 10 minutes and I threw out a few things I had done, like fold a quick load of laundry and put away the dishwasher. Apparently not good enough. Her response to that was, "Well, I would have used that 10 minutes to put in earrings the dishes can wait!"
It started so young! I love this girlie girl and I'm glad that she can be all girl even though her mama is far from it!
No comments:
Post a Comment