I recently attended a women's conference that was held at our church. There were some 2400 women coming through the doors and I was there wearing a pink shirt putting even pinker bracelets on these wonderful women. Needless to say it was a high estrogen event. A part of the first evening was a concert with Mandisa.
As she came out onto the stage I had to stand on my tiptoes to see her, but the first thought that came to mind was, "The princess would love those shoes!" And then my second thought was, "And she would kill for those earrings!"
It took me about 30 seconds to realize that the princess has changed how I look at the world. There was no way before the princess invaded our lives that I would have noticed things like shoes and earrings (and the pink and purple hair color). Nor would I have watched the main speaker come out with chunky cork sandals and wondered what the princess would think of those shoes.
Not that it was a bad thing I didn't notice, nor is it a bad thing that I now notice. It just goes to show that not only are we shaping our children and how they view the things around them, but they are constantly shaping us also.
They can be our best teachers if we are willing to be taught.
No comments:
Post a Comment