I don't often get a chance to write anymore about the hilarious things that the princess can say because so often by the time I sit down and write I can't remember the whole conversation. (And, no, this is not why the post is titled Old Age!
We were in the car tonight talking about an assignment she has at school right now to create her own superhero. We were talking about all possible ideas and she decided she was going to be a superhero who put out fires. As we started tossing out names, Doug was throwing out girl names that started with F. Felicia, Fantasia, Fanny..... Yep, I have an aunt named Fanny. This led to a conversation about Fanny Crosby who was born in the early 1800's and died shortly after the turn of the century at age 94. (She is the author of the well known hymn, Blessed Assurance.) This then led (you can see we jump from one thing to another in our chats!) to living in two different centuries.
The princess brought up that she might not live in two different centuries like Doug and I. I told her that it was totally possible, but she would be quite old...like 94.
"Well, I'll be old, but I'll still have my lipstick on!"
By the way, she is going to the Fantastic Flamer!
No comments:
Post a Comment