Wednesday, April 9, 2014

11 Years!

We have been busy celebrating 11 years around here.  The princess has always loved to turn her birthday into a several day event if at all possible.  Her birthday fell on a Wednesday this year and for once it was not during Spring Break so the whole family went to eat lunch with her and hand out doughnuts to the class.  Then on Friday night she had a few friends come spend the night.  We do this every year, but this year I took the girls out for dinner and dessert instead of the normal pizza picnic we do.  I had a car full of girls signing songs from the Frozen movie at the top of their lungs for most of our drive.  Then on Saturday we had the family shindig and the princess had specifically requested that her Aunt Melba come and bring her new dog Sunshine.  Thankfully she was able to come, but our weather was not that great so their wasn't much time for playing outdoors with the dog.

All her Lego girls now have their own cruise liner!
 You would have thought it was Christmas time trying to find Frozen dolls.  Apparently they are a huge hit and you can't find Elsa anywhere on the shelves and if you want to pay twice as much you can find them on Amazon.  She had to settle for Anna!
She requested a chocolate chip cake for dessert.  This was the 3rd one I had made in the month and I think my luck had run out by the time I got to this one.  Thankfully it tasted way better than it looked!


No comments: