Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dust in my Toes and Other Foot News

The princess has this new thing she's into the past few weeks. I'm not sure why, but she seems fascinated with "dust" between her toes! Usually in the afternoons after we do homework we sit down on the couch to read. That means no shoes. No shoes (for whatever reason) means no socks. Sometime in the last few weeks I noticed that the princess was scrutinizing the space in between each toe. I inquired and was told simply that she was getting all the dust out of her toes. (You know sock lint!) Now, I know sometimes when you get new socks there is a little extra cotton flowing, but these aren't new socks. I thought this fascination was limited to our calm time on the couch, but tonight just before dinner she sat down on the kitchen floor, removed her shoes and socks, inspected the dust issue, and then put them all back on! Weird.

Today we spent the better part of the day shoe shopping. I'm learning that I love going shopping with the princess, but I HATE trying to find shoes. There should be a law that limits how much you can charge for a shoe under size 12. They are going to grow out of them in less than 6 months and then here we go again. I'm a big fan of the shoes that don't require tying because I'm lazy and have yet to really even try to teach my kid how to tie shoes. So as we left to go shopping today I was thinking about something pink, with no laces, that cost less than $15. The princess had other ideas. She needed shoestrings. Big girls have shoestrings and babies don't. When I asked about tying them she informed me that her Kindergarten teacher tied other peoples shoes at school so she would just tie them. I'm not sure if that was after Mom tied them at home or if she was just going to wear them untied until she saw Ms. Greeson. Long story short...we have shoe strings, they cost a fortune, and there is barely any pink.

Anybody remember that little rhyme about the rabbit jumping into the hole????

No comments: