Monday, April 6, 2009

A Different Week

This past week has been a little different around here. Last Monday I ended up having a hysterectomy so I've spent the greatest portion of the last week sitting in the La-Z-Boy resting and most of my interactions with the princess have looked something like this....



Today we actually made it outside after school though and we had this fun conversation while she jumped on the trampoline...

Princess: "Mommy, do you still have a belly?"

Me: "Yep, I still have the same old belly. See?"

Me: "They took out my uterus,not my whole belly."

Princess: "Do you get a new one?"

Me: "Nope, I don't really need it and it wasn't working so they took it out."

Princess: "Why don't you need it?"

Me: "Because it's for growing babies and I don't grow babies."

Princess: "But you grew one baby...me!"

Me: "No, remember that another Mommy grew you and then let Mommy and Daddy have you?"

Princess: "Oh,yeah...let's play Simon Says."

We decided to fly a kite instead....





I think the princess would tell you the highlight of the week though was the Easter Egg Hunt at the Garner's!



1 comment:

Aunt Sarah said...

Here's how a game of Simonn Says would go right now:

Maddie: Simon says jump!
Beth: [remains seated and raises eyebrow]
Maddie: Simon says run!
Beth: [remains seated and rolls eyes]
Maddie: Simon says skip!
Beth: [remains seated and changes channel]