Yesterday as we were getting into the car as a family the princess asks me if she would be in college when the Little Man was old enough to drive. My heart skipped a beat when I had to tell her that no, she wouldn't be in college. She would done, possibly married, maybe having her own kids when her brother becomes legal!!
I know these days are fleeting and sometimes I wonder how much longer I've got with our little girl days. I'm learning life changes fast and without warning and I really want a warning to when these days will end. These days where she happily walks through a parking lot reaching for my hand and holds it tight just like she did when she was a toddler. Days when she will curl up in my lap while out in public, letting the whole world see her loving her Mom.
I see small hints of the years to come. She's learning her shoulders will actually shrug. And that her eyes will roll. And I've seen her have to decide if she's going to follow the crowd or her convictions. And the word fair is being resurrected from the pre-school days. And if I stop and think about these things it causes me to shudder, but I pray that no matter what she always wants to hold my hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment