After each game EVERY player is awarded a star in one of 5 colors. Stars are red(defense), blue(effort), gold(sportsmanship), gray(offense), and white(Christ likeness).
On the way to the game yesterday morning the princess announced that she was going to try and get a gray star for the game. Now if you had sat through any of the princess's 16 games in the last two years you would know that trying to get a gray star was like shooting for the moon. It's not that she can't shoot. It's that she doesn't shoot. But since I'm my kids best cheerleader I encouraged her to shot for the moon.
I have no idea if this is how all Upwards do it or just the one we are attending, but every game starts with a dark room, fog machine, and a big voice announcer introducing each kid!
Squint and you can tell that #13 is our girl.
This picture cracks me up because all those arms are straight up in the air and the ball is already on it's way through the hoop.
Here she dribbles!
Here's the shot I'm most proud of. Notice the follow through on her right hand. As a basketball coach in my former life I spent lots of practices trying to get a follow through to look that good. Now I realize the left hand needs a little work, but she's given me a lot to work with. AND SHE'S OFF THE FLOOR!! And no that shot didn't go in.
And neither did that shot.
But this one did, even though you can't quite see the action part of it.
She took more shots in this one game then she took the entire season leading up to it. And even better we left with a GRAY star. It was a great confidence building day.
No comments:
Post a Comment