Tonight the princess and I were talking Zoobles. If you don't know what they are don't worry, it's just another fad toy that actually entertains Little Man as much as the princess.
Today the princess got a new Zooble. She was busy telling me about all the Zoobles she currently had when she stopped and said, "But I'm always going to love the very first Zooble I got because it's special since it was first."
I thought it was cute and told her I was always going to love her because she was my special first kid. So she responded by saying that she would always love Doug and I because we were her first Mom and first Dad. Then she totally stopped herself and said, nope you are my second Mom and Dad, but don't worry I'll still love you! (I was starting to get worried!) Then she said, but I love my first Mom and Dad too.
I told her that was cool and I asked her what made her love her first Mom and Dad. (I have no idea where the question came from, it just kinda popped out.) She didn't have to think about it at all..."I love them because they made me and that's pretty important."
I love it. I love that she realizes even though she doesn't know her first Mom and Dad she knows that their role in her life is still very important. And I love that with the princess you never know where a conversation about Zoobles is going to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment