Friday, September 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Steelers

The Princess got bit again by the "change class" bug at school and had to change teachers. Unlike last year we had an idea from the beginning of the year it might happen, but it was still a change and there were tears shed. Thankfully we already had our VA trip planned when all this came down so the Princess got to take a little break and get used to the idea that she was losing a teacher she loved for a MAN teacher.

When we ended up coming home early she was anxious to get back to school and meet her new teacher. She got off the bus her first day with two thumbs up. So, I asked what she thought of her teacher.

"He's a Pittsburgh Steelers fan so he's great!" I'll have to admit that I was baffled by her response. There are no Steelers fans in our house and she would rather do just about anything than watch football on TV. My brilliant response to her was probably something like, "Huh?" because she clarified for me.

It had slipped my memory that her 1st grade teacher was a Steelers fan and the Princess loved her 1st grade teacher. So in her very black and white mind if Mr. McComus was a Steelers fan then he had to rank right up there with Mrs. Sutton.

I hope her logic proves to be true!

No comments: