Thursday, December 29, 2011

I love the word IT

Recently we were out and about and for some reason all four of us were in the car together.  As is per her norm, the princess was busy rambling about everything that was in her head.

Princess:  "I love the word IT.  (long pause) Wanna know why?"

I don't remember if it was Doug or I, but of course we took the bait and asked why she had a infatuation with the word IT.  She continued on to explain that it was such an easy word to write in cursive.  Well, that made perfect sense to me.  Next we hear, "and I love the word IT, only she had placed a T in front of the word  Go ahead, say it outloud. (I'm purposely not spelling it right because I don't want some depraved individual to find it in a google search.)

It was dark in the car so I couldn't see Doug well enough to know if he had heard what I did.  So I figured clarification was important and asked her again what word she liked.  I had heard right. Because in her thinking if IT made an easy word than adding another T would make and even better word.  She goes on to tell us that she knows it is not a real word, but it would be fun to write.

So, needless to say, we had an impromptu discussion on slang words!

No comments: