I seem to have an affinity for yellow jackets this summer. Apparently due to the mild winter there are more nests out there than normal and for some reason I seem to have made it my personal mission to find them ALL! This last round I got the sucker stuck in my shoe so he got a good piece of my ankle. What resulted was the worse swollen ankle/leg I've ever had. I was so pathetic on the first night that my very strong man had to carry me to bed. When I woke up Saturday morning it was obvious very quickly that I wasn't going to be able to get around without a lot of effort.
Now, if you know me, you know that I would just like to be left alone in my misery. But, if you know my princess, her view is way different. She got up Saturday morning and grabbed her afghan and curled up in bed with me and told me that she was going to "give comfort" to me while I was stuck in bed. Her kind and gentle heart was ministering to me in the best way she knew how. She hates to be alone so she figured that the best thing she could do for me was keep me company. So that's just what we did, I flipped the channel to Disney and I lay there "getting comfort." There would have been a time in my life when I would have found a reason to toss her out so I could be alone, but thankfully I'm no longer that person. Sometimes you think you want something, but you quickly realize that "getting comfort" can be a whole lot better!
1 comment:
so sweet!!
Post a Comment