Monday, August 27, 2012

Holy Cow, it's 4th Grade!

Dear Princess,

It's hard to believe that you headed out into the 4th grade this year!  In some ways it does make me sad to see little pieces of your childlike self starting to disappear, but in a much bigger way I am so proud of the girl you are growing into.  Even as you begin to decipher your way through new feelings and emotions you still hold tight to that gentle and kind spirit that makes so many people want to hang around you.  I'm not sure how I feel about you being in class with all those 5th grade boys, especially that extra cute one that you talk about sometimes, but I know you can handle yourself!  Your Dad and I are very proud of the student you are and how much you are willing to learn and willing to be taught. I think the person that will miss you the most today will be Little Man.  You are an awesome big sister and I'm so glad you love your brother with your whole heart.

I figured this year I would show you just how much you've grown in the past 5 years.  

Hitting up the 4th grade.  Notice the backpack in the pictures, same backpack, but each year it gets a little smaller!

This might be the last year Daddy has to squat down for the back to school picture.

This little guy is going to have some adjustments to make in the next few days being home alone with Mommy all day.




This was the first day of 3rd grade.  She would end up having to switch to a new teacher two weeks into the school year.  


First school day of 2nd grade.  She would only last one quarter in that class before she had to change teachers.


 And the first day of 1st grade.  


And this is where is all started.  Somebody please be impressed that I've managed to keep the vinca alive all those years so we could have the same backdrop for our pictures.


1 comment:

Amber said...

I am impressed, but not just that the vinca are thriving and growing- but that the little people are thriving and growing :) Hats off to wonderful parents with two amazing kiddos! Prayers for a blessed school year!!