A couple of weeks ago my grandmother ended up in the hospital after fighting severe back pain that left her unable to walk. After a week long stay at the hospital she is now doing in-patient rehab at a local nursing home. Over the weekend I took the princess with me to visit at the nursing home. We visited only for a few minutes and the princess didn't really have much to say about our time when we left. But on the way to church this morning you could tell her brain had been processing our time. Out of the blue she asked me if great-gran was going to have to live at the nursing home forever. I quickly told her that she would be coming back home. This sparked a conversation about nursing homes. She asked me if I would ever have to be a nursing home (which made me shudder) and I told her that she would probably have some say in that! She thought that was pretty funny. Eventually the conversation ended, or so I thought.
"Well, if Great-Gran can't go home, then she can have my bed and I'll sleep on the couch!"
I love this girls heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment