I know I've been rather delinquent in updating the princesses blog and it's not for the lack of fun and interesting stuff going on, but my days have become taken over by life these past few weeks. But in big news around here, we are now pretty important people because we are the parents of the Vice President of the School!!
The princess came home during the second week of school and said she was running for Vice President. She already had the application and was filling it out. I was actually surprised that she was getting back on the political horse after losing the election for Secretary/Treasurer in the 4th grade. But, apparently, she is not as easily daunted as her mother and wanted to jump right back in. She wrote her speech, made her posters and off she went. I was in CA the day of the election, riding 80 miles an hour down the busiest interstate I've ever seen, when I got a text from her.
"I'm the Vice President." That was it, no flowery words, just the facts.
We are incredibly proud of her willingness to put herself out there again and to make a speech in front of all her peers. Who knows if this will be a short political career of the start of many more elections!
No comments:
Post a Comment