Wednesday, March 12, 2014

BOB

For the second year in a row the Princess has participated in a county wide competition called Battle of the Books or BOB.  For some weird reason, mostly because my brain is weird, every time it is mentioned I can't help thinking of the movie What about Bob? with Bill Murray, but that's another whole point.

Anyway, the competition involves reading a dozen books and then learning them forwards, backwards, and upside down. The theme of many books involved war so were some fairly heavy reads.  I tried to read as many of them as I could, but only got through about two thirds of them.  She read one book in particular called "A Long Walk to Water."  I would totally recommend it to anybody who wants to read a first person account of living in Sudan and the fight to survive.  It was seriously intense.

Last year the team finished 4th in their subgroup of 10 teams.  This year they came, they saw, and they conquered.  They were the first place team in their subgroup and then pulled out a 2nd place overall in the finals.  They were 5 points from finishing first!  I don't know how many schools were there exactly, but roughly 50!  

Pretty proud of this medal.  She didn't take it off until bed time and I'm pretty sure it will go to school with her tomorrow!

No comments: