Friday, December 14, 2007

Igoratized


Today was one of our long car drives. We had to drive to the other side of town on a secret anniversary mission for my parents. After an endless game of I spy the princess fell silent. (I know it does happen occasionally).

She has a rather extensive vocabulary, but occasionally she gets words combined and they come out rather strange. Her favorite is agonore. It's a combination of annoy and ignore. She can't quite figure out the difference in the two words so you will hear her tell her Daddy that she is going to agnore him. Which means she is going to tickle him or something.

Anyway, today as we were driving we had this conversation.

Princess: Mom, Can I be bathed?

Mom: (Trying desperately to decide what she means) You want to take a bath?

Princess: No, I want to be igoratized?

Mom: (Now wondering if we let her watch to much tv) Princess, I have NO idea what you are talking about.

Princess: You know Mommy, igoratized, at church.

Mom: (The light bulb goes on in a rather dark place) Oh, you mean baptized?

Princess: Yeah, can I be baptized?

Mom: When you are older.

Princess: How?

Mom: Goes into explanation of how baptizing works.

Princess: I want to be a pastor when I grow up.

Mom: Well, that would be interesting. (All the while thinking of all the work Papa has done on women in leadership!)

Princess: No, I don't want to be a pastor, I just want to be a Mr. Jeff.

Mom: OK

Princess: But, can I be a girl Mr. Jeff.

Mom: Sure

Who knows if she'll grow up to be a lighting girl, but she's all ready shown that her Dad's job plays a big impact on her thinking.

No comments: