Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dress Up Gone Bad

It rained tonight. One of those storms that rolls in and out in less than 20 minutes. We love storms in our house. Even with the booming thundering and lightning we have to drag the princess inside, but often we sit in the comfort of our porch and watch the storm beat down. And then when it's all over we run to jump in puddles and just get generally soaking wet and dirty. Tonight was no different, at least it started out the same.

Since the princess was soaking wet I made her strip in the laundry room. Nothing new here. She runs naked through the house all the time. I then sent her to her room to get jammies and told her to meet me in the bathroom. I trailed behind and she beat me to the bathroom. When I got there she was standing in front of our two full length mirrors with her purple boa from her dress up box. She had it wrapped around herself and she was dancing with hips in full swing. But the thing that made the spontaneously burst out in laughter was not the dancing, but the song she was singing while she danced.

Father Abraham had many sons (hip sway, hip sway)
And many sons had Father Abraham (hip sway, hip sway)
And I am one of them.....

Get the picture? (Sorry no pics of this one.)

No comments: