Tonight we attended the closing ceremonies of a VBS program at our neighbor's church. The princess loves the week and will spend the next 2 months asking when it will be time for VBS again until the distraction of Halloween kicks in and she forgets about it until next summer. Going to the final night always reminds me of what church was like for me when I was younger. It's a very different place these days. And while I LOVE my church I'm glad that the princess can have the opportunities to be a part of the more "traditional" church programs. I loved them when I was a kid and she now loves them. I'm sometimes a bit sad that she misses out on most of those opportunities at her "home" church, but I guess God doesn't really care what pew we are sitting on so it is great that she gets to experience church done two different ways. And both ways are right.
This is what we came home to tonight. A huge rainbow even though there hadn't been a lick of rain in the past week.
2 comments:
That photo is awe.some. Love it! And I know what you mean about the traditional thing. Both ways are right, but I kind of miss the old school VBS.
I just love the internet. I came over from Emily's site to wish this "stranger" a good day at work, and see that it's you. YEA! How fun! the pics are so cute. My kids have been VBS stalkers this last month, and I am loving it because it feels like I am getting a little vacation and had time to start a blog. Hope you had a super Saturday.
Post a Comment