Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Don't Look at Me

Yesterday we actually had a few down minutes in the afternoon and the princess was playing fairly quietly in her room and I was sitting on the couch looking at schoolwork. From our couch you can see straight into the princess's room, but you can't see the whole room. I happened to glance up and noticed that she was slinking down the hall hugging the wall. She made a turn at the bathroom and I looked up right at her.

"Don't look at me Mommy."

Now that is usually a dead give-away that something is awry. And that's when I noticed these in her hands.



Anybody know what these are? Well, if you are not schooled in the finer points of My Little Pony world than you probably have no idea. Basically they stay in the freezer and then she takes them out and "draws" on this big white pony. It turns different colors based on how you draw.

My mom mind kicks into overdrive trying to determine what in the world she would have done with those that she THOUGHT I shouldn't see. It took about 3 seconds for me to realize that she had probably been trying to turn herself different colors with the freezer pens. But what she doesn't really get is that they are filled with water.

And, yes, she had been "coloring" her tongue in an attempt to make it blue. She was extremely disappointed when she looked in the mirror and found that it hadn't worked on her. And, yes, there were lots of tears.

No comments: