Sunday, November 23, 2008

Leadership

Each night we are reading a book by Francine Rivers about characters in the Bible with the princess. There's a small story with some questions that follow. Tonight's story was about Deborah and how she went with Barak into war even though on paper it looked like there was no way they could win the war. The point was that sometimes God asks leaders to do things that are a little scary. I was reading the follow-up stuff...."someday God may ask you to be a leader..." Beside me there was this quiet groan and I finished reading "...but often God will ask you to follow." This time I hear a quiet.."good." She wasn't really talking to me, but she reiterated what we all ready know to be true. The princess would much rather follow than lead. She would much rather feel safe than do something that might be a little scary even if it was something fun. I just let her groans so unnoticed and went on to some questions.

Whose the leader of your home: Daddy
Whose the leader of your Sunday School class: Reed (a high school boy)
Whose the leader of your classroom: Miss Greeson
Whose the leader of your country: Barack Obama

What, how did she know that?

She can't identify her Sunday School teacher, but she can tell me the president's name? I'm not sure what to think about that.

No comments: