Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Teacher

This week at school they are celebrating something. Honestly, I can't even remember what it is they are celebrating because it seems that each week there is something different and things are starting to blend together. For this particular day students were to dress in the career of their future. My darling child wants to be a teacher. Not just any teacher. A real teacher. She informed me a dinner tonight that she didn't want to be a PE teacher, but a real teacher!! With wounded pride I told her I thought she would be a great math teacher since it's her favorite subject. She didn't like that idea either. She wants to be WHOLE teacher. Like Ms. Greeson. So, today she's off to school dressed like Ms. Greeson because she is a REAL teacher. I'll just be going now to nurse my wounded ego.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

awww...you're still a REAL teacher. just like the velveteen rabbit was a real bunny. that's so funny that she said she wanted to be a whole teacher. makes sense! not just partial to one subject!