We have some good friends that we don't see often enough because life seems to get in the way, but on Saturday we were able to find some free time for all of us and we headed over to their house. We had a great time of just hanging out, talking, and watching small children run everywhere.
As the evening wore on the adults were downstairs while two very intelligent, level-headed girls were upstairs playing. Occasionally the princess would come down and ask permission for something. "Mom, can I put some sparkles on?" "Mom, can I put some red stuff on my cheeks?" I always deferred to the Mom of the house (because I know what a mess my kid makes when she pulls out her make-up) and of course the girls were having a blast making themselves "pretty."
After a while I went upstairs to tell the princess that she had 15 minutes left to play before we headed home. As I was walking up the stairs I knew instantly that something was not right. God has blessed me with this awesome nose that smells way to good and therefore sneezes way too good. And I knew the smell instantly. Fingernail polish. "Red stuff on my cheeks?" OH MY!!!!
Yep, I went into the bathroom to find two small girls with pink and red fingernail polish ALL over their faces. Not just on their cheeks. On their noses, chins, foreheads. Everywhere. I took the fingernail polish and then suggested that we go downstairs and show everybody how pretty they were. They proudly marched downstairs and showed off their pink cheeks. I had to trail slowly behind because I was laughing WAY too hard!
So, we spent the next half hour trying to get fingernail polish off their faces. We googled how to remove the stuff from skin and found a picture of somebody that had it way worse than we did so that helped. Alcohol does nothing. Eye make-up remover. Nothing. Warm water and soap. Nothing. Fingernail polish remover was our only choice of action. But we finally got most of it removed.
Moral of the story--Don't assume your child knows that FINGERNAIL polish is just for FINGERNAILS!
No comments:
Post a Comment