It's hard to believe that you are six. On some level it's hard to believe that I've made it six years as a parent to a little girl. Today as we celebrate your very special six years I thought I would re-count what it is that I love about you!
I love your laugh...it's contagious and it can take any dark or dull moment and turn it into something special.
I love your heart...I love that you "made" me buy peanut butter crackers to give out to the homeless we pass as we drive through town. I love that you don't have to be reminded to share, but that you share even when it's really not even necessary. I love that you feel other people's joys and their sorrows. I love that you are already learning to laugh with those who laugh and cry with those who cry.
I love that you don't take facts at face value....I love that you will argue your point. I love that you don't accept from me that God and Jesus are the same person, but instead argue your way into understanding.
I love that you are all girl...I think everybody would agree that I needed some girl in my life. Thanks for making me paint my nails occasionally and learn to do pirouettes in the kitchen...I guess it won't really kill me.
I love that you think everything needs to be pink...there really are shades of pink out there that don't match pepto!!! (But you'll never sway me from my Carolina Blue!)
I love that you love to talk.... I never have to wonder what is going on in your head. I can only hope that as your grow older you will continue to share every moment in your life with me.
In short, I just love you! Happy Birthday my princess.
Mom
2 comments:
omg i think i got a little weepy
*snuffle*
OK I am crying! How beautiful!
Post a Comment