The princess has been raising lots of questions lately about the lack of siblings in our house. I think at school right now they are doing some kind of social studies unit on families and the princess came home today saying she was the only kid in class with no brothers or sisters.
Tonight in our rides to and from dance class she talked about her desire to have a baby brother or sister, and then to have 2 brothers and sisters, and then to have three brothers and sisters....You get the pattern! (Even as I type this blog she is asking me if we can play sisters!)
She of course has no idea what she asking for. In her mind she is asking for a playmate, with no real idea that babies don't pop out ready to play house. I've wondered these last few conversations how serious she really was and today she laid it all out on the table.
When we had a failed adoption last August we had to endure physicals, HIV test, and TB test because our paperwork needed updating. It was of course miserable for the princess. Tonight though she told me that if it would get her a brother or sister she would take all the shots again!! Now that is real sacrifice!!
She's running around playing with the dogs right now and just came across a dandelion that has turned into the seeds waiting to be blown. Under her breath I hear these words, "I wish I could have a brother or a sister, because everyone in my class has one."
Oh, how I wish I could grant her wish as easily as she utters it!
1 comment:
Bethanne, that is so sweet of her to want to do that again... you have a real jewel there. Almost brought tears to my eyes (but of course anything these days brings tears to my eyes, I have become a blubbering perimenopausal woman because I used to NEVER cry), oh well.
Annette
Post a Comment