Saturday, October 17, 2009

Soccer and Fun Stuff

Today we had another great installment in our soccer season. We played a team that hasn't lost this year, in fact, in my 4 seasons with this league I've never beaten this guy. Well, today was no different. But we didn't lose! We managed to overcome a 3 goal deficit and leave the field with a tie! The best moment of the game was fairly insignificant in the scheme of the whole game, but was huge for my girl. She got nailed in the belly again. If you remember our last season a year ago it was a kick much like this that resulted in her running scared for a whole season. She took her lick and came off the field crying, but promptly was able to gather herself and head back out. And she played! Not only played, but she made some crucial stops that kept the other team from adding a fourth goal. I'm so proud of her.

After the game we went to hang out at one of the Fall Festivals at a park near our home. It was great because it was FREE!! We did the inflatable thing, the balloon thing, the pony ride thing, the face painting thing, and the freezing my butt off thing, but it was a fun time.

This was Rocky.


Doesn't it look like she is galloping away? Nope, barely moving in a small circle.


Have I mentioned lately how much I love this kid? Well, I do!

No comments: