Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Game in Pics



"So, here I am again. Mom has hauled me out to another one of these soccer games. And did I hear her right and there are just enough players so I have to play the WHOLE game! That doesn't sit real well with my whole plan of socializing and snacking."



"I can hear somebody yelling at me to get go somewhere, but it's more like a noise than a voice in my head so I'll just keep standing here. I can't go wrong just standing here can I? Oops, the other team just scored. How did that happen exactly?"




"Maybe if I just put on my mean face than nobody will kick the ball anywhere near me. I am playing offense today instead of defense, but what do I really need with the ball. The boys are more than happy to chase it down and kick it so why should I ruin their fun."





"Yep, I'm still anchored faithfully on this white line. It's actually getting pretty boring. I guess I could just start playing with my shirt. I wonder if I should move on down the field with the rest of my team. Nah, too much work."



"Yeah, we scored. Okay, not really we, but Mark scored."



"Yes, Mom, what can I do for you?"



"Why am I running away from the ball? Mom, don't you remember that belly shot I took in the first half? The one where I tried real hard for about two seconds to not cry, but it hurt so bad that I was even happy to have Dad hold me instead of you. Yeah, well I DON'T want that to happen again so I'm going to run the opposite direction of the ball the rest of the game."




"Yes, I know that I've played in lots of soccer games and this is the first time I've been hurt and yes, I understand that it probably won't happen again, but since you can't give me a guarantee I would really like to just stay over here with you."




"I just don't understand why that lady in the green shirt has to keep blowing that whistle. Doesn't she know that I don't like loud noises. Oh, wait that means the game is over. Hallelujah!"

No comments: