I'm sure this will the first of many posts about our family vacation, but I wanted to get down our day before I forgot it in tomorrow.
I'm realizing that I am becoming more and more my Dad. (And that's not a bad thing). I don't really like to be away from home even when I have my whole family with me. One or two days are ok, but a whole week is a lot of time out of my comfort zone. And to top it off this vacation includes amusement parks which I am NOT a fan of, for so many reasons. Most of them confirmed today.
We were told before we left that we would see the magic of Disney not through our eyes, but through the eyes of our daughter and that was definitely true. I didn't see a whole lot of magic when I was looking around, but when she came flying off her first roller coaster you could see the sparkle! And then when she saw Ariel face to face she immediately went to her shy mode which meant this was a BIG moment! And then she went gung ho into Space Mountain and would have done it again if her Dad was willing to wait an hour an half for another ride!
The Little Man and I spent most of the day hanging out together which was fun. He got to hear me complain about all the people that were constantly surrounding me. We did a lot of people watching and wondering what kind of stories all these people could tell. We tried to guess if folks were American or not and tried to decipher all the different languages we heard. He got to leap with me when I realized I had just sat down an inch from a pile of puke! I was trying to feed him so when we jumped we lost bottle, pacifier, and camera (sorry dear!) to the ground! He also got to enjoy the Dreams show at Cinderella's castle with me. Mostly he was my snuggle buddy all the time as we tried to stay warm!
The playground at our home away from home.
Mom, Princess, and Little Man getting ready for some Dumbo action.
Little Man and Mom hanging out to meet Ariel.
The princess wrote..."please sign here" so there would be no mistake what she wanted Ariel to do!
Dad and the princess waiting for the Barnstormers Roller Coaster
Barnstormers Roller Coaster
According to Dad the princess CAN'T drive!
No comments:
Post a Comment