Today we had a blast at Sea World. The weather is still rather cool so there were several of the kiddie water places we chose to ignore, but we got to see a couple of shows, ride a few coasters, down a few hot dogs, and get a little sunburned!
As you arrive at Sea World there is a huge coaster you can see from the parking lot called Manta. The princess saw it right away and declared that was going to be our first stop. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that the folks were hanging upside down on this coaster and I knew I did not want her on this one. But, I didn’t want to be the one to ruin her fun so I started hoping that she wouldn’t meet the height requirements…thankfully she didn’t. She still needs another 6 inches. She seems to think that she will get all six of those inches in one year and she seems to think that we will back at SeaWorld next year!!
I thought we were headed out the gate when she saw the Atlantis ride which is a roller coaster with water added. Again I hoped she wouldn’t meet the height requirement because I knew there was no way Dad was going to do this one. Alas, this time my hopes were trumped by a short measuring stick and we headed for the top. I could see some folks exiting the ride fairly dry so I held out hope that we wouldn’t get to wet. By now the sun was starting to set and the temp was hovering somewhere around 60 degrees. When we got to the top the attendant asked the princess where SHE wanted to sit.
“Front row!”
It was over. I got to the bottom soaking wet with one very happy little girl. It was a great ride and I struggled to find appropriate words to use when flying downhill that were worthy of a princesses ears, but I think I managed to not need damage control!
Starting the day off right with Shamu!
He's sound asleep and the sun was beating down on his face!
First coaster of the day
Taking in the sea lions and otters
Little Man takes in Shamu!
Riding solo on a coaster
One satisfied SeaWorld customer!
No comments:
Post a Comment