Thursday, March 25, 2010

Round 7

I can still remember vividly walking on the shore of Wrightsville Beach trying to will the day to and end. Not 15 minutes away in some huge medical center was a baby girl that I would call daughter. We knew nothing, except that she was tiny and had tons of hair! It was well worth the agnozing wait.

Indugle me a moment while I look back!


















Every year it comes around a little faster and every year there are more signs of the little girl moving on and a young woman moving in! I find myself no longer able to squat and talk to my daughter because her head hovers not far below my chin. I'm answering questions about earrings and watching cheeks flame as she talks about a certain boy in her class! I don't relish the idea of moving toward those tween years. In fact I think in the past I've offered to loan her out for a few years during those years, but I'm thinking of rescinding that offer.

There have been changes from six to seven. The biggest would be the Little Man who she adores. We always suspected that she would be a good big sister, but in reality she is an awesome great big sister. The coolest thing is that she has so little patience with life, but has incredibly patience with her brother. When she walks into the room he always cranes his neck around to try and follow her every movement. She's shown that her kind and gentle spirit can actually be extended to a baby that she met unexpectedly one October day.

She's taken on new endeavors with the start of basketball. Doing something her mother doesn't do easily, taking on something that she had no idea how to do and loving every minute of it even when she was obviously outmatched sometimes. I love how she goes after something with gusto not caring what anybody around her thinks.

I'm trying hard to not think about how fast the next 7 years will go!

1 comment:

Aunt Sarah said...

I miss tiny chunky Madison with the sprout-like ponytails.