Saturday, May 8, 2010

Conquering

The theme around here lately seems to be conquering fears. Today we had the opportunity to spend some time at one of the fire stations here in town. Now I love fire stations, fire trucks, and fires in general, but my daughter could pretty much care less. And when I was given the chance to go up in the ladder truck today there was no way I was going to let that chance slip by and I really thought the princess would love it. This is the girl who rode Space Mountain and Atlantis with NO fear.

Boy, was I wrong. We were only about 15 feet into the air when she started crying. The poor fire fighter had to take us back down so we could let her out. Thankfully my friend was on the ground who has way more sympathy than I do so she held onto her while I went for a very cool ride. And apparently while I was in the air they talked about facing fears and being brave.

When I got back down on the ground I'll be danged if here she didn't come declaring that if Mrs. Wendy had to be brave than she could be brave too and she would take the ride. And not only would she ride up, she wanted to go all 105 feet that she could. And she wanted to stay up there!





Thanks to Station 5 and Mrs. Wendy for helping my daughter face her fears and realize there is something better on the other side! (I promise she is actually in the bucket!)

No comments: