Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Screw Normal

Yesterday afternoon we headed into the nicest doctor's office I've ever seen. Apparently spine work is VERY lucrative!! The princess beat the age curve in the room by at least 40 years so I'm sure that office was seeing energy that it does not usually encounter!

We waited about 90 minutes for a PA and then the actual doc to tell us that our primary doc and the radiologist who had measured the scoliosis were CRAZY and that her spine was perfectly straight!!! The PA actually said that she would give her house away if the princess had scoliosis! (She didn't say she'd give it to me, just away!)

I had hoped to walk out of the office with lots of assurance that her curvature could easily stay the same for the next 7-8 years and we would be monitored every 6 months or so. But, NO, we are outta there FOREVER. Nice enough doc, but I hope to never meet him again!

I know there were lots of people praying for the princess and for her fears, but I honestly in a million years NEVER expected to walk into the office and hear that the diagnosis was wrong. Did the docs make an error in looking at her x-rays or did God straighten her little spine up in the 3 weeks that passed. I'm not going to speculate. What I do know, is that my daughter is living on cloud nine again and I'm fairly certain she didn't stop talking yesterday until she fell asleep. And I'm thinking she had the best sleep she's had in weeks!

No comments: