Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hershey's

 

Yep, it's a picture of a random Hershey Kiss on the top shelf of my fridge. The truth is this is not just any ordinary Hershey Kiss. This particular one arrived in our house June 10th and it has resided on the top shelf since then. You can tell that it's wrapper has seen better days as it gets moved dozens of times a day to grab the milk or water bottle.

On the final day of school the princess's teacher sent home a little brown paper bag with a cute poem stuck on the outside...

A bouncy ball so you can bounce back to visit me!
Hershey Kisses to remind you that you are loved!
A pencil so you can practice writing this summer!
Gum so you "chews" to be the best you can be! (I know super corny, but so creative)
A penny to remember the year we spent together.

On the way home from that final day of school I drove the 4 1/2 miles back to our house with a weepy girl who couldn't fathom what she was going to do without her teacher. She swore that she was NEVER going to eat the Hershey Kiss, but since I didn't want a chocolate puddle on her desk I insisted that we had to keep it in the fridge. And there it has stayed. The contents of the bag have remained in the bag and the bag sits in the middle of her desk in the kitchen.

I have no idea how long the candy will last, but I guarentee that if Dad were to eat it like he threatens every once in a while she would know immediately!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: