Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dryer Dilemma





About 10 days ago our long serving dryer gave up the ghost.  The first few loads after its passing I dried clothes in random places in the house, but as some of our hottest days yet hit I started putting clothes outside to dry.  The princess came home one day to see all our towels warming themselves in the sun and was mortified that our clothes were outside.  I just kinda laughed it off, but she kept on about it and finally admitted she did not want her underwear hanging outside for the whole world to see.  I, of course, had to explain that as a child all my underwear flapped in the wind on a daily basis for the neighbors to see.  She was unimpressed and was pretty adamant that hers needed to stay out of sight.  I probed just a little more and finally got to the bottom of her underwear fear.  It had nothing to do with the whole world seeing her skivvies, but that one certain young man who lived across the street MIGHT see them.  I had a big old internal laugh, but decided I had to be kind enough to keep from permanently scarring her.  This is what our garage looked like today, and no, the underwear didn't even make the picture!  Well, at least not hers....

No comments: