Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Listen to your kid

When the princess had her 8 year old wellness check-up she failed her eye exam.  So, we made a trip to the eye doc.  After the whole eye exam he told us that she had a slight issue, but nothing that needed glasses yet.  Just watch it he said.

Well, I think I forgot that last part.  Every couple of weeks the past few months the princess would mention she couldn't see the board as well, but she never complained about anything else.  She was watching tv fine, reading books fine, playing fine, so I let it go.  Yep, bad parent alert.

Well, about a month ago we had her 9 year old wellness and low and behold if she did not fail the eye exam again.  And when I say fail, I mean could only see the giant E, fail. So today we made our 2nd trip to see our wonderful eye doc and you know that when the he comes in and opens up the folder and says "Wow" you probably should have come a little sooner.

So, here is our princess coming home today all smiles because the world is soon going to be clear again.  She was rocking the double sun glasses to ward off the sun.

No comments: