Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fifteen

On a recent car ride the Princess and I were enjoying a little Taylor Swift.  Somewhere along the way a while back she heard the song "You Belong to Me" on the radio and fell in love with it.  I put it on her little i-shuffle and she used to listen to it non-stop.  But on this day we were listening to the whole album and she was singing along with the song "Fifteen."

The whole song has some good lyrics for young girls, but the ones that made me sit up a pay attention were these...

"Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you you're gonna believe them. And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall."

I stopped the music and asked her if she had any idea what it meant to look before you fall.  I almost drove off the road when she answered, "It means I need to make sure a boy is worth falling in love with, before I do!"

Now that makes a Mom's heart smile! I love that girl! We then of course discussed how she didn't need to worry about this until she turned 30!


No comments: