
As I mentioned earlier, this pregnancy of Aunt Bekah's (and technically Uncle Dave's) is bringing up all kinds of fun stuff in our house. In another one of infamous car conversations the princess was ready for some details. She was full of questions...
"Why can't boy's have babies?" They have no uterus.
"How does the baby eat?" It lives off of the mommy's food.
"How big is the baby?" Smaller than your hand.
"How big is the baby's head?" Really, really tiny.
At this point I'm getting a little cocky because these are super easy...
"Did God make the baby?" Yep.
"Will the baby be a boy or a girl?" I have no idea.
"How does the baby get out?" Huh? (my brilliant stall technique)
"How does the baby get out of the mommy's belly thing?" Well........you see there is this thing called the birth canal and the baby slides out of it.
"Where's the birth canal?" (Why can't we just live 5 minutes from somewhere so I don't have to deal with this and why doesn't she think to ask Daddy these questions?)
So, at this point I figure it's a lost cause and figure I have no choice, but to do a little anatomically correct teaching. All the while I'm wondering how much she really understood about the process of delivering a baby.
A couple of days after our conversation we were outside playing in our Wal-mart special and I was throwing pennies in the water for her to "dive" down and get. She gathered all 10 pennies and stood up dropped them down her bathing suit and then promptly spread her legs and started jumping up and down so all the pennies would fall out of her bathing suit. "I'm having a baby mommy!"
Oh dear what have I done.
No comments:
Post a Comment