My middle sister is a brown-eyed girl. Technically all my siblings are brown-eyed, but nobody can use them the way Bekah can. It is amazing what those eyes can get done. Example....showing up at the airport with luggage that is over the weight limit...bat those eyes and no charges.
Well, it seems that the princess has those special eyes. Without any teaching she has figured out that if she tilts her head slightly to the right and begins to bat her eyes there are certain people who can't say no. (Daddy and Danny P!) Today I saw it go to whole new level.
We came home from the gym this morning just as the recycle truck was emptying our can. So I sent the princess to retrieve the can. She usually has to make two trips because she can't get the lid to stay on so she was grumbling as she walked down the driveway. The can was upside down and as she was trying to turn it over the truck went back by our driveway. She watched the truck coming and I couldn't believe it when the truck stopped. The recycle guy hopped off, turned the can over, put the lid on and pushed the can toward the house. And it wasn't like I was in the house watching this transpire, I was standing right in the middle of the driveway watching the recycle man do her job for her. Needless to say she was grinning from ear to ear!!
1 comment:
well, well, well...who do we have here! it's been a while. i discovered your blog on melissa's blog. i loved catching glimpses of your family. i recently saw your mom at a shower for mary beth! it is hard to believe we are all grown-up with our own children. :)
fun to catch up through your blog!
blessing, amy harvell sasser
Post a Comment