I was right. The questions are coming and in full force. Just a little while ago in the car (maybe if we would just stay out of the car I could stay out of these conversations) the princess asks, "Did the hospital think you needed a baby?" As always these questions are asked after a moment or two of rare silence so they always come out of the blue. And as always I ask a stall question so I can form some sort of acceptable answer. "What do you mean?"
"Did the hospital think you needed a princess?"
"Well, no it wasn't really the hospitals doing. You see the mommy whose belly you grew in called us (I know I'm leaving out the middle man, but I figured trying to explain social workers wasn't worth it right now.) and asked me to be your mommy."
"Was her belly big?" (On to the more important stuff.)
"Yep, pretty big"
"Could she still walk?"
"Pregnant ladies don't stop walking they just start waddling, kinda like a duck."
"Was I all ready princess when the hospital called?"
"No, we picked out the name princess."
"Did you come pick me up and rock me?"
"Yep, we drove to the beach and picked you up and rocked you"
And that was our arrival at home. In the midst of this conversation I realized that it is going to be so much harder to explain the concept of birth father than mother. The princess understands that she grew inside someone else, but in order to get to birth daddy I've got to get into the birds and the bees and I'm not going there!
No comments:
Post a Comment