Saturday, August 2, 2008

My babysitter

This past week, Emily has been doing a series on babysitters and how we as parents can try and understand where they are coming from. I can barely remember my days of babysitting, but what she has written has been dead on from what I can remember from my days of babysitting for the youth pastor's kids!!!

So, I thought I would feature our favorite babysitter. Here she is in all her glory from a recent wedding.


When it comes to what I want in a babysitter she is the best. She's the kind of sitter who comes to play. She comes to find fun and interesting stuff to do and doesn't just hang out on the couch while the kid plays. (Although I'm pretty sure she has slept on my couch a few times.) Most recently she and the princess sat down and wrote a book together complete with illustrations. It was hysterical and the princess still likes to read "her" book weeks later.

On another occasions my husband and I came home to find notes placed all over our house is random places..like the frig and shower.

Sometimes she bakes with the princess and it is even eatable.

What I love is that she is engaged in my daughter's life and doesn't see her as as job and/or source of income.

Emily, you are the best, you know you'll always have a job with us.

No comments: