Sunday, August 3, 2008

Silence

The princess is out of town. How, you ask, can a 5 year old be out of town while her Mom sits at home blogging? Well, the princess is spending the week in Alabama with her 3 cousins!! Of course there is an aunt and uncle thrown into the loop, but really it's about the cousins!

Doug left on Friday to take the princess on her first camping experience. Somewhere in our discussion of how we were going to get her to AL we decided to camp on the way and somehow it was mentioned that camping might be way more fun in Mom stayed home. So, here I sit. There were other issues, like a kitchen that needed painting and nursery that needed some work, but I'm big enough to admit that they probably did have way more fun with me staying at home.

Here are the highlights I've gotten so far:

Me: "What are you doing?"
Her: "Eating the bacon that taste good, but is bad for you."
Me: "How were your eggs?"
Her: "Slimy, but yummy."
Her: "Hey, Mommy, they have a potty so I didn't have to use the tree."

And another conversation after the actual camping part was over.

Her: "Mommy, Mommy, there was a Wendy's and it next to the gas station, but you didn't have to go out of Wendy's and into the gas station you just walk right in and Daddy gave me two gumballs." (Must read really fast for emphasis)

Me: "You've got 2 gumballs in your mouth!"
Her:" No, silly, I chewed one, spit it out, and now I'm chewing the other one."

Of course, what was a I thinking.

So, here I sit in the silence of my house. And it's been silent all day. I found myself talking to myself on several occasions because I'm so not used to this quiet anymore. Hopefully Daddy will come home with some good camping pictures.

No comments: