
but I mean figuratively. We had a parenting first last night as we actually called the doc at 1 a.m. in the morning to answer our questions. I've never had to call the on-call doc before. I felt really sorry for him, but thankfully Daddy had no qualms about waking him.
And we had to do it. We had to stick her in that very unforgiving tub of cold water. My 30-year old sister STILL talks about her memories of being submerged in a cold tub when she had a high fever. She is less than pleasant in her admiration for the person (Mom) who had to do it. Well, last night I was that evil person. To make her feel better I got in the tub with her AND I WAS FREEZING!!! My presence seemed to do little to comfort her. I wonder if she will remember this moment and bring it back up when she is 30 and wondering how a mother could torture someone that way. BUT, it worked. And now we are off to the doc to see if he can help our mysterious fever.
Does this look like someone who is going to be happy that she has to go the doc now?
No comments:
Post a Comment