Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bathing Suit Love

So, I've been getting grief for not posting lately, but somehow I've managed to get slightly behind in life and one of the first things to go has been this...but I'm starting to get caught back up so hopefully the dry spell is over.

Today the princess and I went bathing suit shopping. I know it's only February and nobody in their right mind will be wearing a bathing suit before May, but since she is taking swimming lessons weekly and apparently she is dead set on continuing to grow we have been waiting impatiently for the bathing suits to hit the stores.

So, even though it has been really gross weather the last two days and they are calling for snow we headed to the local Kohl's. To truly understand this experience you have to understand what kind of shopper the princess is. If anybody knows Aunt Bekah...yeah, she's a lot like that. There is some redeemable value in almost everything we see and it doesn't hurt to try anything on or everything on in our case. We essentially loaded the whole rack of bathing suits into the dressing room. We started with 7 possibilities and after about 15 minutes we had narrowed it down to 3. Grandmommy and Aunt Sarah were also shopping for Aunt Sarah's birthday and they managed to arrive just as we had finished trying them all on which meant that we had to re-try the 3 finalist and parade them out in front of the 3 way mirror and strike a pose for Aunt Sarah. The decision turned out to be fairly simple since 2 of the 3 finalist had pink in them and we were purchasing two!

Here's one of our winners....







I wish I could have had a audio recorder with me today. I would have recorded the number of times I heard. "I LOVE shopping for bathing suits...this is so much fun!" I would save it and play it back in about 10 years when the joy is gone and trying on 7 bathing suits is more of a chore than a joy. That is if she will still let me in the dressing room!

No comments: