
What the picture doesn't tell you is the amount of red glitter that was contained in that small amount of material. She has had two showers since that evening and tonight I was still combing glitter out of her hair. Today as I rode to Durham for a meeting I realized I had spots of red glitter on pants and I'm pretty sure that I saw some on Doug's shirt before work this morning. Whoever invented this idea of glitter obviously was not the person responsible for cleaning up after the glitter dress.
The princesses little buddy at school, Dillon, came back up tonight at dinner. The princess and I were dining together tonight and as usually she was chattering a mile a minute. If it weren't for table manners, I'm not sure she would ever stop talking. I think we ask her to "keep you mouth shut with food in it" at least a dozen times a meal. (On a side note I can remember my Dad looking at me from the other end of the table and reminding me to keep my mouth shut...it must run in the family.)
In her rambling tonight I hear..."I think Dillon wants to kiss me." (Is it too late to starting homeschooling?) She was ready to jump to another topic, but I wasn't willing to let this one go.
"Why do you think Dillon wants to kiss you?"
"Because he likes me."
And then I asked the question I wasn't sure I was ready for the answer..."Do you want to kiss Dillon?" (I'm pretty sure I had this whole conversation with food in my mouth because I forgot how to swallow.)
"Ewww, gross, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
A big huge sigh of relief, I swallow, and then we have this whole conversation about what to do if the cute little boy really tried to kiss her. You know sometimes it is okay to tattle!!!
Cute little Dillon waves at me every day when the princess gets off the bus. I might not smile quite as big for him tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment