The princess aptly commented the other day.."Ms. Greeson is making me smarter and smarter!" And how true that is. Working with high school kids I'm always amazed at freshmen and how much they grow and mature that first year of high school. I think kindergartners must be same way. The little girl I sent away on that first day has grown not only in stature and knowledge, but in self-confidence. This was a year full of a first for a girl that really doesn't like to try anything knew and she came through with flying colors. (Except for those days she had a sub and that always meant a few tears!)
We are eternally grateful to her teacher whose goal is to not only teach the basics, but to teach each child that they are unique and therefore special. It has made for a very easy year to have a teacher who loves what she does and loves her kids. And it has probably spoiled us for the years to come because I can't imagine that we could have had a better teacher. The good news that is that she has also become a friend which means I'm sure we will still get to hang out!
This is my girl who groans anytime I ask her to spend some time reading.
See that ribbon around her neck? Yep, that's the reading medal that she got on awards day!! She may moan and groan at home about reading, but apparently she either does it at school or she's got that awesome teacher fooled!
No comments:
Post a Comment