Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

It's hard to believe that after all the preparations and all the waiting another Christmas Day has come to a close. If you want to read my deeper thoughts on Christmas you'll have to jump over and read about Little Man.

I've always been able to wrap the princesses gifts and put them under the tree without any problem. This year I thought the suspense was actually going to kill her. She almost hyperventilated when she got off the school bus two weeks ago to find them. And she's been plotting ever since the order she was going to open them and trying to determine what was in each one.

We started of course with the Christmas Eve Eve night at great-gran's house. As always great-gran let me pick out all the gifts for the great-grandkids presents so the princess benefits by being able to tell me exactly what she wants.

And then there was Christmas morning...


She actually asked for books for Christmas. Made my heart proud!


This has become the latest infatuation...Now I've got her telling me when we are running late!


This was my personal favorite. One of Doug's co-workers made this by hand!


This is a family year so truly Christmas has just started. The first wave came in tonight and the second wave will arrive in the wee hours tomorrow. So, the chaos and fun has just started. I'm sure there will much to tell in a few days!

No comments: