Somewhere along the line the princess decided that picking and choosing which bananas we brought home from the grocery store was her responsibility alone. So much so that she chooses to accompany me to the grocery store even when she can stay home with her Dad.
So, today we had to make a quick pit stop at the grocery store for some eggs to make our Valentine's cake,and since we eat a huge volume of bananas in our house we needed bananas. I always tell the princess how many bananas to choose and then she sets out of her solemn duty. I am not allowed to watch the process, but instead must wait patiently by the cart until she brings her find. And then you would think she would put them triumphantly in the cart, but no she insist on carrying the bananas throughout the entire store.
For some reason today, we could actually hear the music playing over the PA system in the store so she waltzed down the aisles, literally with the bananas as her dancing partner. She whirled and twirled them through the whole store and then carried them out to the car in "her" bag.
I thought once we got to the car she would leave them alone. But, no, she pulls them out of the bag and puts them in her lap. I asked her what she was doing. She responded that she needed to watch over her babies. I'm actually surprised after all that tender loving care I have no problem getting her to eat her beloved bananas.

No comments:
Post a Comment