Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Girl and Her Clothes



Yesterday we went shopping at TJ-Maxx. I was on a mission to find new shorts to work out in. You see I have ONE pair that I have been devoted to for about a dozen years. While busting my butt at the gym this past week I realized that I had a HOLE right on the seam on my butt. Needless to say I did the rest of my workout with my sweatshirt around my waist. I came home and lamented to my husband how sad I was at the demise of my favorite shorts and he didn't seem to quite grasped the magnitude of the moment. I even called my Mom in hopes that she could save them, but upon a more detailed inspection I realized that there were multiple little holes in the backside. It looked like somebody had taken a bb-gun to my shorts. There's no telling how many weeks I've been exposing my backside to the gym world as I do the inverted lat pull!

ANYWAY, all that to say I needed a new pair of workout shorts. I don't believe in quantity of clothes just quality. Since this was my only pair the princess and I were off to shop. And shopping for me meant stopping in the little girl's clothes to make sure we weren't missing some fabulous deal. And as usual the princess was drawn to the head gear. She found a headband that she just had to have and since it was only a buck I relented.

As soon as we got home she went straight to her room and changed into the only pink dress she has right now that fits. As you can see it's a jumper. She didn't want to put on a shirt because there were no pink ones! So, here she sits painting with almost no clothes on while it is 25 degrees outside! If we had let her I think she would have worn nothing but the hairband. She attempted to sleep in it last night, but I was mean and curbed that. I can only imagine what our teen years are going to be like when it comes to clothing.

No comments: